Top 10 Things to Do at Hidden Cove Lakefront Cabin
in the Winter Season:
1. Hiking in the crisp mountain air of the Appalachian’s sunny winters. Try scenic Jackrabbit State Park (a 5 min drive from the lakehouse). Easy to moderate scenic family hiking.
2. Cozy up at Hidden Cove Cabin - choose from 2 indoor fireplaces or the lakeside firepit (free wood provided!)
3. Go Christmas shopping, antiquing, or visit the Seasonal Festivals in the Historic small town squares of Hayesville, NC, or Hiawasee, GA (both 10 mins drive away) - classic Americana!
4. Christmas wine tastings a nearby local wineries (within a 30 minutes drive).
5. Step out of the Lakehouse kitchen onto the elevated back porch and enjoy your coffee and free wifi with a spectacular lakeside view.
6. Register for a class at the renowned John C. Campbell Folk School. Learn the art of blacksmithing, story telling, woodcarving, glass blowing, quilting, jewelry making or traditional dance. Or take part in the Tuesday night square dance or enjoy a Friday night bluegrass concert.
7. Grab a thermos, rent a boat and enjoy peace and raw beauty of winter on the lake.
8. Take on a bigger hike in the Nantahala Wilderness Area or Fires Creek Wildlife Area. Both are within 25 minutes of the cabin, and are beautiful and rarely disturbed in the winter.
9. Drive 1.5 hours North and visit the Historic Biltmore Estate, world famous for its history as well as seasonal trees, displays, lights, and decorations.
10. Attend the New Year’s Possum Drop at Clay’s Corner in nearby Brasstown, NC. Quite possibly the most famous New Years event the Appalachians have ever seen, the Drop has been featured in national news throughout the US since its inception in 1990. A New Year’s unlike any other!